To accommodate parking for the employees of one of the nation's largest operators of retail drug stores, CPS was retained by Oxford Development Company to restore the existing parking facility originally built in 1980.
Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Client: Oxford Development Company
Architect: Taylor Structural Engineers Contract
Contract Amount: $1,700,000
Completion Date: August, 2009
Located in the heart of the Monroeville business district, the ExpoMart was selected as the new headquarters and distribution center for CVS Caremark.The restoration work consisted of the following:
- Remove existing concrete topping using hydrodemolition equipment
- Concrete floor, ceiling & column repairs
- Install a new 4-inch CIP concrete topping
- Structural repairs to the below grade tunnel
- Replace retaining wall and install French drain
- Install new vehicular expansion joints
- Install heavy-duty traffic membrane
Completed within the fast-tracked four-month schedule, the updated facility provides parking and convenient access to the newly-renovated office space.